Kundalini Yoga & Sound Bath with Kelly Kelita
Time & Location
About the Event
No Drop-ins please! Pre-registration is required. Nonrefundable / Nontransferable
All levels welcome - Yoga for all!
Join Kelly Kelita (Dhyan Das Kaur) - for Kundalini Yoga & Sound Bath in the angel lotus room. The ambiance of twinkling lights, sparkling lotus flowers and crystals all around.
Kelly will guide you to find your own pace and adapt positions to accommodate or challenge your personal limitations. Classes consist of: breathing techniques (pranayam); physical postures (asanas); chanting (mantras); meditation and 20 minuttes of deep relaxation to the healing sounds of sacred sound instruments. The potent combination of these exercises serves to tone our muscular-skeletal body, balance our nervous and glandular systems, improve circulation and helps us to master our mind (thoughts and emotions). Please advise the teacher of health conditions before class.
Kundalini Yoga is a practice that has different elements. We use asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques), mantras, relaxation and meditation.
Tune in with mantras
We begin our practice with the Adi Mantra “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo.” This mantra links us to a golden chain of masters and saints through which the teachings are transmitted. It connects us to the infinite spark of consciousness inside ourselves. It sets up a sacred space for our practice and helps to guide our practice with awareness.
After we have tuned in with the mantras, we usually prepare our bodies for the practice with a variety of warm ups.
We then practice a kriya. Kriya means completed action. A Kriya will have postures, breath, mantras, a point of focus and relaxation that are brought together in a specific sequence, which will bring a specific result. A Kriya removes the blocks and brings about a state of spontaneous flow. There are thousands of kriyas to choose from which work on all aspects of the body, mind, emotions and soul.
At the end of the kriya, students are guided into a state of relaxation, which helps them integrate the benefits of the kriya.
After relaxation, we practice meditation. Once again there are many different meditations to practice to bring our body, mind and soul into balance and harmony.
Prayers & Mantra at the end of class
Finally, we end the class with a prayer called the Long Time Sun
May the longtime sun shine upon you All love surround you And the pure light within you Guide your way on
We then repeat Sat Nam (Truth is my identity) three times.
Sound healing is a big part of Kundalini Yoga. The pure sound frequencies from the sound carry vibrations that balance your system for greater health, vitality & bliss!
How to prepare for class
- It is important to come to the class with an empty stomach. Ideally do not eat for 2 hours before the class. It is fine to drink water.
- Wear comfortable clothes - light colored clothing recommended but not mandatory.
- Bring a blanket for relaxation and water to drink.
- Let the teacher know if there is any medical reason that may prevent you from practising kundalini yoga fully. It is important never to aggravate an existing injury. If there is any concern whether yoga is suitable for you, contact your health care professional.
- It is up to you to listen to your body when practising yoga. You have to discern how much your body can do during the yoga. If for some reason, you need to come out of the pose, if you are able to, come back into the posture as soon as you can.
- Please do not practice kundalini yoga under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You must let your teacher know if you are pregnant. There are certain postures and breath techniques that are contraindicated in pregnancy.
Ladies during their menstrual cycle need to avoid inverted postures, leg lifts and any strong breathing practice such as the breath of fire.
· Cost: $23 Tickets are Nonrefundable / Nontransferable
· Pre-registration required (no drop-ins) no refunds or transfers.
· Doors will open 15 minutes before class and will be locked at class start time for safety.
· Please bring your own mat.
About Kelly Kelita
Kelly Kelita is a born intuitive of Puerto Rican, Spanish, and Taino Indian descent. She is originally from Bronx/Yonkers, New York and now resides in Sarasota, Florida with her husband. Kelly has always been passionate about holistic wellness and the profound power of sound as medicine. Her journey began in 2009 where she was first introduced to sound healing and Reiki. She developed a consistent personal practice that included sound, Reiki and yoga, eventually leading her to a peacefulness within. Kelly Kelita continues with her dedicated daily personal practice, as she believes you can never stop healing and growing!
Kelly Kelita became certified as a Reiki Master in 2009 in the traditional Usui lineage. In 2015, she studied with a Shamanic legacy carrier in the Peruvian Shamanic Tradition as shared by the Q’ero nation in the Andes. She completed her 200 HR Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in 2016 at Yoga Haven in Scarsdale, NY. She also completed her 200 HR Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training and is KRI certified. Kelly Kelita’s ultimate passion lies in sound healing, music and singing mantras. She studied to become a certified sound practitioner with the Sound Healing Academy but has found that playing intuitively with God as her guide has a more profound effect as to what her clients need.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & RSVP ACCEPTANCE - ATTEND AT YOUR OWN RISK:
· Spots are limited so that we can ensure enough space – preregistration is required – no walk-ins.
· Face masks are optional – if you feel more comfortable, you are welcome to wear one.
· Please bring your own mat.
· Spacing is not at 6 feet apart but as staggered as possible.
By RSVPing to this event, you acknowledge that you are attending this in person event at your own risk. Your RSVP also acknowledges that you are currently healthy and agree to protect yourself and exercise social responsibility prior to and for the duration of the event
- Kundalini Yoga & Sound Bath$23+$0.58 Service fee$23+$0.58 Service feeSold Out